59.3 x 44.5 cm
signed and dated lower right by incision: FeketeM / 1950
named, located, signed, and dated on the back by the artist: FEKETE MARGIT / KOLOZSVÁR / 1950
good state of preservation
provenance: the artist's family
FEKETE Margit (1903, Cluj-Napoca - 1969, Cluj-Napoca)
Artistic education: Private studies with the artists ÁCS Ferenc, Sándor SZOPOS and TÓTH István at the Free School of Painting, where she was highly appreciated.
She lived and worked with the painter INCZE Ferenc, participating together in the exhibition organized by the Cluj Prefecture in the "Glass Hall" (1968). Well-known artists of the period also took part in the exhibition, such as Ács Ferenc, Dóczyné Berde Amál, Ferenczy Iulia, Nagy Albert, Gy. Syabó Béla.
At the request of the Roman Catholic bishop of Alba Iulia, Márton Áron, executed a portrait and a composition for the cathedral church. A retrospective exhibition was dedicated to the artist in Cluj-Napoca, Gy. Syabó Béla Gallery (2009), an occasion in which over 30 works were exhibited, which demonstrated the technical virtuosity of the artist but also a special sensitivity.