39.8 x 56.6 cm
signed and dated lower right with black: Consta. Iliescu .922
good state of conservation
Constantin ILIESCU (Râmnicu Vâlcea, 1899 - Râmnicu Vâlcea,, 1980)
Artistic education: Free Painting Academy (Sfinți Voievozi School), Bucharest (1924) with teachers: Gh. PETRAȘCU and VERONA (GARGUROMIN) Artur. He also studied with the sculptor and graphic artist Constabtin MIHĂILESCU.
Between 1925 and 1974 he opened five national personal exhibitions in: Bucharest, Craiova, Râmnicu Vâlcea. In 1999, a commemorative exhibition “Restitutions” (Constantin ILIESCU - Emil ȘTEFĂNESCU) was dedicated to him on the walls of the Art Museum, Râmnicu Vâlcea.
Between 1927 and 1943 he participated in twelve group exhibitions and official exhibitions in Bucharest.
The artist participated in two creative colonies Baia Mare, in the years 1926 - 1927 ,. In 1930, the artist's presence in the French ambiance of Barbizon is attested, his pictorial style receiving obvious post-impressionist influences.